Monday 30 May 2011

Thought Season

An errant thought wanders around my mind

gathering dust, trying to find a friend

in the wide expanse of open field.


It is thought season.

All the errant thoughts have been scared out

of the undergrowth to fly for a brief glorious moment,

soaring through the azure skies

not sullied by cloud or rainstorm.

These clear effervescent strands of ideas

sparkled in the crisp, fresh air and were shot down.


They were gathered up and carried away,

limp and devoid of life, by the jaws of Doubt.

Now one errant thought remains

huddling in the corner as the night draws in.

1 comment:

Moggie711 said...

I really like this piece - it works so well when you read it out loud. I think there are some amazing phrases that just cut at the emotions but perhaps could do with just a little editing in places. I feel like I know what you are saying but think you could say it just a little clearer. Brilliant work though. Keep writing.