Monday 21 December 2009

Positive Mental Attitude

It's been an interesting few weeks for me. I've caught up with some friends I've not seen for a while, nearly been run over and been disappointed and through it all (bar 1 day) have managed to keep my upbeat attitude.

After a very busy week I had the worst day with ME than I have had for a long time. I just let it have me for the day curling into a ball and telling the outside world to go to hell. By the evening I still felt awful and had so much going through my mind that I decided to write out. I considered blogging it but I found that some things are just too personal. I kept it though, I thought I might revisit what I found when I feel ready for it.

The next day I felt ready to face the outside world again and thought I was doing much better. Apparently I was not as with it as I thought because I walked out in front of a car! Luckily the driver was more alert than I was and managed to stop in time to just run over my toe. At this point I could have been dismayed and gone down the spiral of what could have happened but instead I just thought how lucky I was that it hadn't been worse and then moved on.

A week ago I received another blow. I have been turned down for the teacher training course I applied for in Scotland. As I read the news I thought I would be overwhelmed with the downer of failure. I wasn't. My mind automatically started thinking of alternatives and within 15 minutes I had found a course somewhere else and applied for it.

This new positive attitude is a strange animal that I have very little experience of. My entire life plan has been altered and I'm still feeling positive. I can make anything work. Whatever happens I know I can cope with it and find something else to aim for.

3 comments:

glnroz said...

Stay positive. Easy for me to say, I know, but ya gotta be in some kind of mood, might as well try to make it a good one,, lol...Merry Christmas

Wine and Words said...

I am so glad. I am an eternal pessimist and it is much harder to move forward with that monkey on your back. Wish I could be more like you, but what I can do, is strive to!

Roses said...

I'm so sorry that course fell through.

But good for you to be so pro-active about finding another.

Go girl!