Sunday 23 January 2011

Poem

I promised a poem to Mog, but I couldn't bring myself to post the silly little Haiku she wanted me to. Here's something else instead:


Everybody knows.

They hear in your prayers

silent voices that stop

you, right where you stand,

staring out to sea.


Everybody sees

the scars that bare your soul

in the light of morning

and touch eyes so full

of Sorrow’s darkness.


Everybody knows

the words you softly speak,

eyes closed tightly against

black that caresses

all atrocities.


Everybody sees

your broken body lie

disassembled by your

thoughts, scouring a pit

of mournful anguish.

4 comments:

Moggie711 said...

Oh my god this is deep and dark and I really like it. You know what I am going to say though - it needs a title - a title could add so much to it. Your poetry seems darker than it used to but somehow easier to feel. This is good and I am glad I got you to blog something - can it go on CP too.

Moggie711 said...

I particularly like the repeating first lines everybody knows/sees - it gives the piece an amazing rhythm - maybe needs some more punctuation but not sure. I particularly like the image of a broken body disassembled by thought I can really see how that connects to 'mournful anguish'. I say again - this is good stuff!

Wine and Words said...

I wonder if the sadness is more that everyone doesn't see...but should.

Moggie711 said...

Yes Wine and Words is right - there is sadness here but it works. Not making the reader feel sad but making the reader think about sadness - if that makes any sense.