Monday 20 July 2009

Home Again

I arrived home today from spending a week with my parents.  I had a lovely time, but the best I can say is that I missed my cat.  I don't know, I expected stronger reactions than I had.  You know I thought I would be more excited to see them and sadder to leave.

Moggie has been saying that a lot of how I've been feeling lately is linked to my parents leaving.  I've always been a bit skeptical of this idea and I would have thought that if that was the problem I would have had more of a reaction.  Who knows?

Needless to say I had a great week.  Happy to be home with my cat Hattie though.

Oh and a little bit of news, I managed to gain a volunteer position in a school for next year this week.  All I need now is a job!  

2 comments:

glnroz said...

Well, welcome back..things will turn in your favor (job), Just keep at it. Independence is great except for having to do most everything yourself.. lol

Luna Lenny said...

Well done!

From handing my last piece of coursework in I felt like I was in a sort of limbo until I graduated... I was job searching and hardly even getting a reply; it didn't matter too much at first _ I hadn't graduated yet - ergo I still had time to relax a bit. I think with my parents having left it was a bit of a struggle financially (couldn't bum a bit of help, or lifts home and had to do everything) I lost all sense of 'Home' and don't think I've found it by moving. Not working and not having any cash really got me down - stopped going out, felt really worthless, got completely ignored when trying to sign on - obviously, I didn't realise two people could live on 55 quid a week (newsflash, that wouldn't cover rent) in the end I ended up mastering the art of not even getting out of bed... YEAH!
But I think, burying your head in a job actually works... for a while at least, then the underlying problems NIGGLE at you, and I suppose, eventually you go insane and do some WEIRD-AS things...
which is why we have our rocks - Hattie? Sirius? Favourite armchair? Favourite Movie? Favourite Book?