Tuesday 8 April 2008

My Week in Tarot

So tonight I took some time to check out my weeks tarot, a day by day account of the next seven days.  I have to say not too shabby.  I was expecting all sorts of badness as this is how my life has panned out of late but to my surprise I turned over a few gems.


I know some cynical people do not believe in the power of the Tarot but the more I have learnt and the more I use them the more sure I become.  I walked into Tarot reading with a heavy amount of skepticism born of my strictly religious upbringing (must frown on anything supernatural or psychic) but I thought I'd keep an open mind.  As it turns out I was right to.


Tarot is an interesting and subtle way of seeing where you are at and a way of frustrating yourself if you are looking for definite answers.  The Tarot, from my experience so far, is there to help you see where there may be no light to provide guidance on how to read the signs that are all around us.  These signs are there whether you read them or not but by being aware of them I feel like I can make a more informed choice with my life.


Don't get me wrong, I have looked to the cards for answers on many occasions and found them unwilling to answer (where the frustration comes in), but in the end this has been for the best.  They show you what they feel you need to know and not necessarily what you want to know.

As it is I think I've done pretty well this evening and for that I am glad.


I'm back to work tomorrow after being off for a week.  I have to say I feel better for the rest.  The lengthy saga of whether or not I should be working still rumbles on but that is something for another blog.  I thought I would be looking forward to returning to work more than I actually am.  The main crux of the argument for work was that I enjoyed the social aspect and I feel I may have just made that issue mute.  More on that later though really I think.


The big debate for tomorrow is on what to wear.  I spend far too much time thinking about what to wear to work when in fact people don't really notice anyway.  besides, who am I doing it for?  I might as well roll up looking like a tramp.  But then that's the problem, the eternal optimist in me says 'well you never know who you'll meet, you may as well look your best'.  It's the same just in case logic that has me religiously wearing matching underwear at all times as 'you never know when you might get ran over'.  For this kind of OCD behaviour I fear there is no cure.


On that sad and pathetic revelation I'll depart, leaving you to mull over my underwear. 

   

1 comment:

Moggie711 said...

Ah so you have slipped back to your old habits of wearing matching underwear. This is bad. There is a cure though. Just dip your hand in the drawer and pick underwear without looking. If you get a match, so be it, if not just choose you outer wear so that the 'bra does not show'.

What did I start with the Tarrot business - you were only going to stand and hold the boxes and now I fear you are addicted!!