Sunday 20 April 2008

Sunday, Sunday...

So here we are again, another Sunday, another busy weekend with barely a moment to myself. Don't get me wrong I've had a great weekend, just a hectic one. Am a little confused right now so thought I would talk it out on here.

My main issue for confusion is the big question, is there such a thing as a soul mate? I know, the words bring up a little bit of vomit in my mouth too. The idea of this romantic notion of a soul mate has always alluded me. I have been in love but not with someone I considered, even at the time, as a soul mate. Is there such a thing?

I don't mean the cookie cutter romantic bullshit we're pre-programed to believe exists but a real person that is your absolute match, someone that when you meet them you automatically have that inexplicable connection that only explains itself later when you get to know the person. The slow realization that that person is perfect for you and the connection you felt was justified.

I don't know, I suppose I was always ruled by the realist in me that says that these things don't really exist and to pull myself together and get on with real life. But what if I am missing out?

What if when I am settling for merely physical attraction with someone I consider to be ok, I am missing what's out there?

Oh well 'it'll all come out in the wash' as someone who uses cliches would say.

No comments: