Wednesday 13 May 2009

Journey to Eden

Moving on through the years this is me at 19. Slightly less Emo.


Journey to Eden

Softly, Softly
on the cold stone floor
feet exposed to the harsh
abrasive surface
that nature created
and man carved.

Gently, gently
across the dew ridden grass
that clings desperately
to the sanctuary
of the creviced sole
hardened with cold.

Careful, careful
through the thorns to Eden
the yearning of
something promised
but not yet fulfilled
revives the heart.

Lightly, lightly
on the sandy shores
dancing through the
grainy sand that runs
through my toes
my naked feet.

Still, still
with death lapping
at my vulnerable feet
enticing me for a dip
maybe just
for a little while.

2 comments:

Moggie711 said...

This is amazing. Why have to kept this secret for so long. The imagery and repetition of words works so well; this work is so sensual (hope it is meant to be) and takes the reader on the journey. Bril.

Moggie711 said...

Also the use of feet works so well, the sensuality of feet (although not my particular thing) comes out in this poem (for a poem it surely is). Somehow it makes me think of the Circle of Life, birth to death. Is this meant?