Tuesday 12 May 2009

Conversations with my 16 year old self

So today i was looking through some old poems I wrote when I was young and hormonal. Thought I'd share a few with you.

Shades of Me

Endless shades of grey engulf the subconscious
blurred at the edges, devoid of clarity
Rainy in my heart, stormy in my soul
A million shades of grey that entrap the spirit.

Sparkles of moonbeam that shoot through the dull
so many shades of rainbow fighting
so little light battles and succeeds
A million shades of moonbeam hold the keys.

Searching for my purple haze on the horizon
never coming, waiting feels like forever
wind blows through my mind and soul
A million shades of purple haze is my hope

Endless shades of confusion in my conscious
Conflicting thoughts in heart and in head
whirling like tornadoes, hurricanes
A million shades of grey on my stormy sea

A million shades of me.


I know, I never realized quite how emo I was back then and this is by no means the most depressing!

No comments: