Saturday 6 June 2009

Old is a state of mind

So I went to a party tonight. You might be able to see by the time of this post that I didn't stay late. I just don't get that scene anymore. The music was so loud you couldn't talk, there were annoying strobe lights and it took forever to get served at the bar.

It was at this point that i realized I had gotten old. A few moments later I realized I didn't care. I was glad that I had finished with that part of my life. After all it took a lot of alcohol for me to enjoy that scene even when I was really young (like 18!!).

I say good for the old fuddy duddies, they know what they're talking about. I'll be applying for my zimmer frame shortly!

1 comment:

Moggie711 said...

I remember feeling like this in my twenties. The whole party thing bored me to death (although I never really did lots of partying anyway - I never really knew people who did party). But it was all yawn, yawn, yawn.

And then I hit the middle age crisis point. I decided I want a life, I want to go out and stop watching mindless TV; I want to get an education; I want to have friends that can talk about stuff that interests me like art and books and writing; I want to listen to loud music and sing in the car; I want a job that I at least enjoy but hopefully love instead of just going through the motions; I want to sit in the sun and enjoy instead of worrying about what needs to be done; I want to spend money on frivolous things (sometimes); I don't want to dress my age or my size (if you know what I mean; I want to explore faith; I want to appreciate natural beauty and so the list goes on. So what I am saying is enjoy this time because later when you are really too old you will be happy to shout above the loud music and dance like a mad women and not care who is looking.

Or is this just me?