Sunday 7 June 2009

Plan Plan Plan

So I've decided I need a plan and I thought I would post it on here in a bid to stick to it. I don't do well with plans, a small discipline issue, so I'm trying new avenues to enforce progress.

Firstly I will write for at least 30 minutes every day. I'm hoping it will be longer than this but figure starting with a small amount might be a good idea. If I go over that amount I can feel like I've achieved something.

Secondly I'm gonna start walking more. I've been trying to locate parks around my area within walking distance so that whenever the weather is nice I can head out and spend some time outside. I've spent far too much time indoors recently and it's depressing.

Thirdly I want to only search for jobs online every other day. It seems that looking for a job has become my new time wasting technique. There is no need to keep checking several times a day. It's overkill.

Lastly I want to do more sewing. I've been doing odds and ends but nothing planned. I have projects I want to really get stuck into and why put things off? I'm just gonna go for it.

So now it's written down there's no going back. My failure this time would be public.

Let the experiment begin!

7 comments:

Moggie711 said...

This sounds like a good plan.

I'm with you, not sure I can find 30 minutes every day so gonna go for 120 minutes a week minimum as I know some days are really difficult to find the time to write.

Lets hope this works.

Roses said...

Well, I want to start exercising again - 30 mins a day. And I want to write again. But if I try and do everything at once, I'll just sit down in the middle of the floor.

So, I'm starting with the exercise from tomorrow. Watch this space.

Erin Cree said...

I wish you well with your endeavours. To boost you along the way I have put you forward for the nero award for your enjoyable blog. The link is at http://erincrees.blogspot.com/
Best Wishes Erin

Just Curious... said...

Thank you. Definitely think a plan is the way to go. Already achieved two out of the four today. Perhaps tomorrow I might manage three!

Its great to know people are reading the blog. Putting posts up here is like sending messages out into the abyss, you never really know if there's anybody reading out there.

It's great to know people are enjoying it.

Thanks

Just Curious... said...

So far so good. Managed 3 out of 4 today and the day is still young!

Roses said...

Well, Day 1 of my 'new' life did not include 30 mins exercise. I'll let you know if I make 30 mins writing...

Moggie711 said...

Hey Roses, just manage what you can. I don't make 30 mins so often but I try to do One Minute on http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/, which normally comes out as much more and often a little poetry every day. It keeps the creativity going.

Ps Curiously keep going before you know it that trilogy will be written and well on the way to being published.