Sunday 28 June 2009

Places I Breath


I was just thinking today about the places I connect with.  The places I go back to over and over, the ones that automatically calm me.  In the moments when you open the car door and step out into the scenery and life evens out and everything else melts away.

There are few places where I can feel completely still.  My mind stills and I'm just there.  I'm not thinking about the past and the future and everything in between.  I am right there in the moment, feeling my way through the landscape.

The thing is that these places are all rural.  The power of nature to keep me calm surprises me.  I live in the city, I always have lived in fairly built up areas.  Now I'm not sure why.  If I feel calmer and more myself in the countryside why on earth am I living in the city?


1 comment:

glnroz said...

As a young boy, growing up, I literally grew up in the "woods". My dad was a logger and I would go with him and wander throughout the forest as I played. Nothing is more relaxing than to return..lol